Gartner®: Hype Cycle™ for Security Operations, 2022
What’s inside this Gartner report?
“Security operations technologies and services defend IT systems from attack by identifying threats and exposure to vulnerabilities. The entries included in this Hype Cycle aim to help security and risk management leaders strategize and deliver effective response and remediation.”
Security technology and services are key business enablers and can also be a huge expense. To get the best value, you need to evaluate the latest technology, services and trends, with an eye to the future of your unique business.
With this Gartner report you’ll learn:
- The adoption of remote work, and increased use of mobile devices and cloud services have not slowed over the last 12 months. This has led to expanded requirements for organizations to track risk and threats to a wider set of digital assets
- How the expansion of digital business functions and third-party-managed assets, means security and risk management leaders must reevaluate how their business-critical environments go about changing security strategy and tooling.
- What three profiles are retired (one is hardware-based security) and which one was renamed.
- What tech and services are on the rise, why they are important, how they benefit your org, and their maturity level (cybersecurity mesh architecture, exposure management, automated penetration test and red teaming tools, to name a few).
- That the core focus for many security operations professionals remains prevention, detection and response—although a continuous assessment-and-exposure-based approach is growing in adoption adjacently.
Get the report
We believe the report is a guide for security operations professionals seeking ways to better strategize and deliver effective response and remediation.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner and hype cycle are a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and. internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Expel, Inc.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.